Monday, May 9, 2011

Purple Christian

I can’t remember where I got it, but I knew it was mine. It was my favourite of all my Hot Wheels, a white Lamborghini. Now, what made my Lambo so special was that it was a color changer! When you put it in water it changed from white to purple. I still don’t know how it did it, but to an 8 year old, it was very impressive! 
As the car dried, it would fade to pink, and then completely back to white, as if it had never been a different color. I would sit and play with my Hot Wheels just waiting for the newly purpled Lamborghini to transform back to white just so I could get it wet again and watch the mystery unfold.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

We may have started out being a white Lamborghini before we knew Jesus, but once we met him, our lives were changed. We’ve been made a new color... Purple.

The funny thing is, that so many Christians walk around and they don’t look very purple.
Some claim to know Christ, and even have a story about when they met Jesus and were saved, but by their actions it’s obvious they are a faded pink, almost completely reset.

I want to be a Purple Christian.

My life has been transformed by the God of the universe. A Holy God, saw my need for a Savior, and sent His one and only son Jesus to do something about it. My old white has gone, and my new purple has come...why would I ever go back?

Romans 12:2 says, “Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world...”
God has called us to be different. Not to blend in. To take a stand.

No I don’t think we need to get on a soap box and wear a sandwich board sign that says “Repent! The End Is Near!” as we ring a giant bell.

But it seems that time and time again, Christians end up looking so much like the world around them, that you wouldn’t even be able to tell that they’re in love with a Savoir, and that their life has been transformed.

In a world full of white Lamborghinis maybe it’s time we take a look at ourselves to determine what color we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment